Artec Industries Triangulated TJ 8.8 Swap Kit W/Truss 2.63 Inch OEM Artec Industries TR8814
Artec Industries is excited to announce the Triangulated TJ 8.8 Axle Swap Kit. This heavy duty 1/4 inch truss is designed to take serious abuse and reinforce your entire axle. The accompanying brackets provide the OEM coil, anti-sway bar, lower control arm and shock locations, but triangulate the upper control arms which eliminates the need For a tracbar. He also offer this Kit with a High Clearance option that raises the LCA and shock brackets above the bottom of the axle tube. The Ford Explorer 8.8 features: same lug nut bolt pattern as Dana 35, 3-1/4 inch diameter tubes as compared to 2.625 inch Dana 35, disc brakes (1995 and newer), 31 spline axle shafts, 8.8 inch diameter ring gear which 120% stronger than Dana 35, only 20 pounds more than Dana 35, and a trac-loc differential stock. When swapping, the 3.73 gear ratio may need to be changed to match your Jeep gears and wheel spacers may be necessary to bring the width back to factory specs since the 8.8 is 1.25 inch narrower than the Dana 35.
This Kit is a compilation of some of our existing brackets that are sold both individually and with other Kits. Some slight modification may be necessary to the brackets For use with the 8.8 axle and the 8.8 Modular truss. See below For a list of parts and what may need minor trimming.
- Sold as Kit
- Features include:
- Upper Link Mounting Width: 2.63 inch
- Shock/Lower Link Position: OEM
- 1/4 inch thick mild steel truss and brackets For much higher strength than the factory bracket and other aftermarket brackets. Precision CNC cut and bent For great fitment.
- Includes all the brackets necessary For a complete axle swap including upper and lower control arm mounts, shock mounts, anti-sway bar mounts, and coil spring mounts.
- Eliminates the tracbar by using triangulated upper control arms. Not For use with OEM control arms.
- New upper links and frame side brackets will be needed.
- Save hours of installation time. Outer brackets just need to line up to truss, no guessing and measuring involved.
- High-Clearance option provides flat LCA brackets and shock mounts to reduce rock damage.
- Not For use with OEM control arms.
- High-Clearance Shock mounts flip bolt orientation to perpendicular to axle tube providing more rotation without binding.
- Upper shock mount relocation may be necessary.
- Truss is reinforced using interlocked 1/4 thick gussets For maximum strength and easy assembly.
- Overall low profile design means your axle is stronger, sleaker, easier to fit into any vehicle, and less likely to interfere with vehicle components.
- Truss includes Pinion Bridge For added strength.
- Bridge needs to be trimmed depending on pinion angle chosen.
- TR8803 8.8 Modular Truss
- BR1033 Rear TJ coil Perches and retainers (pair)
- TJ8802 TJ 8.8 Swap Kit Sway Bar Brackets (Pair)
- Option - Choose Truss Upper Link Mount - BR1042, BR1043, or BR1044
- Option - Choose 1 of the following For LCA brackets and Shock mounts
- This Kit requires general welding and fabrication skills.
- Welding should only be done by a competent welder.
- Artec Industries implies no guarantees or warranties and is not liable For improper installation.
- Some grinding and fitment may be required when installing this Kit.
- Every axle varies slightly and some fabrication may be required.
- Will require brake line relocation to fit.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 45.0 lbs.
- W8.0000” x H8.0000” x L32.0000”
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.